Me talk PRetty oNe Day
By David Sedaris
1. What extended metaphor does Sedaris use to describe the first time his speech therapist came to pull him out of class?
2. What is the author’s purpose in this piece? To persuade, entertain, or inform?
3. What is the tone?
4. How does the tone help achieve the author’s purpose?
5. Please give me three examples of exaggeration in the short story.
6. How do the exaggerations enhance the story?
7. Why does the author italicize the letter S whenever his speech therapist uses it in a word?
8. Even though most students do not attend speech therapy growing up, this story is very relatable. Why?